Traffic Ticket FAQs


The Broome County Clerk’s Office does not process traffic tickets.

They’re handled in the criminal or traffic court in the city, town, or village where the alleged offense took place. The municipality should be noted on your ticket.

To answer these types of tickets, please contact the court directly.


What if I Lost My Traffic Ticket?

We’d recommend you contact the police agency that issued the ticket.

Contact information for every police department in Broome County is available online at


What Are My Options for Answering a Traffic Ticket in Broome County?

  1. Eligible motorists may participate in the Broome County Traffic Diversion Program;
  2. Motorists may plead guilty as charged to all charges they're facing; or
  3. Motorists may plead not guilty and appear (either in person or by hiring an attorney) in court.

For more information, visit: