Planning is currently working on updating the content of our website to better provide clear and accurate information for the community. Please bear with us as we are making these important updates in the coming months. If you are having trouble finding information feel free to contact us. Contact Info
- Register Now! The Annual Broome County Riverbank Clean Up is now open for registrations! Click here to learn more.
- The Planning Department's 2022 Annual Report is now available. You can take a look at what we have been up to here. Past annual reports are on our Publications page.
- We have updated our GIS Parcel Mapper with the latest NYS aerial photos. Click here to check them out!
- The Broome-Tioga Stormwater Coalition MS4 Annual Report Draft is open for public comment. Click here to learn more.
- iDistricts Murals and Mosaics Public Art Program Project Webpage
Open Request For Proposals/Qualifications
None at this time.
The Broome County Department of Planning and Economic Development serves to promote the sound and orderly economic and physical growth of Broome County and its constituent municipalities. It provides technical planning guidance and assistance to the County Executive and County Legislature and implements projects and programs designed to improve the economy, environment, and physical infrastructure of the county. The department extends professional services to local municipalities and other public and private entities in the areas of land use planning and zoning, grantsmanship, economic development, cartography, community assistance, research and infrastructure development.
The Department of Planning and Economic Development consists of the following divisions:
- Planning and Economic Development
- Geographic Information System/Mapping
- Environmental Management Council (EMC)
- Binghamton Metropolitan Transportation Study (BMTS)