Cross Skiing and snowshoeing is CLOSED. This includes trails and rentals. There is not enough snow at this time to groom trials. There must be at least 6-inches of base snow to groom trails, our trails need more snow due to tree coverage.
*****Please check back for updates on opening*****
PLEASE NOTE: Swimming, Boathouse and Concessions are closed for the season! Swimming and Boathouse will open Memorial Day Weekend 2023 through Labor Day 2023!
The Park Remains Open, Year-Round. Hours: 8:00am-Dusk!
Greenwood is the County's first and most diverse park. The well-maintained campground offers the entire family a quality camping experience. The lake's spring-fed waters provide refreshing swimming areas at the white sand beach, as well as great opportunities for anglers of all ages, from shore or from a rental boat. Relax in the shade or bask in the sun in the extensive picnic areas, or enjoy the peaceful beauty of the park's nature trail system. In winter, this year-round park offers ice-fishing, and miles of groomed cross-country ski trails and equipment rentals. Organized youth groups may secure a permit to use the Youth Group Camping Area, located on the northwest side of the lake.
- Open and shaded grounds
- Tables and grills
- Water taps and fountains
- Playground equipment
- Horseshoe pits
- Four picnic shelters, each 100 person capacity, available by reservation online - for more information, call 607.778.2193. Rental rates are $100.00 on weekends/holidays, with a reduced rate of $30.00 on non-holiday weekdays. A $5 transaction fee is applied to all reservations.
- Sand volleyball
- Campground and Camp Store
- Food concession Friday-Sunday 11:30 a.m.-7:00 p.m. and Labor Day
- 6.5 mile nature trail system; participant in the Wegman's "Passport to Family Wellness" program and in the Broome County Hiking Challenge program.
- Youth Group Camp Area for organized youth groups; call 607.778.2193 for information or a permit. Please secure a permit at least one week in advance.
For answers to questions about camping at Greenwood Park, call the Broome County Department of Parks, Recreation and Youth Services at 607.778.2193.
Reservations must be made online (reserveamerica.com). Those arriving without a reservation will need to access www.reserveamerica.com to make a reservation. A $5 transaction fee is applied to each stay (not a per night fee.)
- 50 sites- electric sites
- Picnic table and fire pit at each site.
- Children's play structure
- Modern restrooms
- Hot water showers
- Water taps centrally-located within each camping loop.(Click here for map of Campground Layout)
- Dumping station (for use by those camping at Greenwood Park only)
- 20 and 30 amp service for RV's
- Overnight Security coverage during camping season
- Walk, bike, or drive to beach, boat rentals, or fishing
- Camp store (firewood*, ice, snacks, cold drinks, & camping essentials)
- Those bringing in their own firewood must be aware of and comply with NYS firewood transportation regulations.
- Easy access to nature trails
- Reservations are required.
- Open beginning mid-May (weekends only; "non-peak season"). Open daily Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day ("peak season"). Open weekends after Labor Day, through Columbus Day Weekend ("non-peak season")
- Seasonal Rate (Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day Weekend) with electric is available. Call 607-778-2193.
All Electric Sites Fee $28 per night plus Reservation Fee $5.00.
Choose your site number when making a reservation.
Campers must occupy the site immediately
- Check-in time is 12 noon. Check Out Time: 11:00 a.m.
- Quiet Hours: 11:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m.
- Visitors Must Vacate Campground by: 11:00 p.m.
- Greenwood Camping Brochure & Map
Swimming - Memorial Day weekend-Labor Day
- White sand beach; open 11:00 a.m.-7:30 p.m. (hours may vary)
- Swimmers' and Non-swimmers' Sections
- Certified lifeguards
- Changing areas with showers and restrooms
- For more information about swimming CLICK HERE
Boat Rentals are available Monday - Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. starting Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day (hours may vary). Last rental is at 6:30 p.m. Privately owned boats are not permitted at Greenwood Park, but may be launched at nearby Dorchester Park, or at Grippen Park.
|Boat||Deposit||Per Hour||Per Day|
|*Senior Citizen(age 60+) /Veteran (*Rowboats/Canoes Only*)||$20.00||$3.00||$10.0|
*Veterans must present the Broome County Veteran ID card to receive discount
*Boat rentals are cash only
For more information about boating CLICK HERE
- Trout, bass and panfish
- Fish from shore or rental boat.
- Group camping, by organized youth groups, (i.e. church youth groups, schools, YMCA, YWCA, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts) is available, by permit only.
- Groups must secure a permit at least one week prior to the date requested.
- Please call 607.778.2193 for a permit, or additional information on group camping.
Cross-Country Skiing and Snowshoeing is not OPEN (1/6/2023)
(Rental or Trail Pass Required for Trail Use)
Almost 6 miles of groomed trails provide opportunities for beginners through expert skiers. Snowshoes or skis are required on the trails (no hiking). Bring your own equipment and pay only a $10.00 trail use fee for the day, or rent equipment at the park (no trail use fee for renters.) Season passes are available at the park. Children's sizes are available, beginning with approximately age 4.
Hours of equipment rental operation:
- 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. weekdays
- 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. weekends
Equipment rental rates:
- Cross-Country Skis or Snowshoes - $10.00 per hour
- No additional Trail Use Fee if renting equipment.
Trail use fee (Non-Renters):
- $10.00 per day, or Season Pass for $40.00
All trails begin at the ski concession stand and rental operation. Please, no dogs or other pets on the ski trails at any time.
Cross-Country Skiing Trail Guide
For ski conditions and other questions, call 607.778.2193 or 607.862.9933, or check Facebook.
*Availability of skiing is dependent upon snow and trail conditions. There must be at least 6 inches of base snow to groom trails. Check for announcements on Facebook, or call ahead: 607.778.2193 or 607.862.9933
Click below for more about Greenwood Park and what it has to offer. View maps of the park layout and the lake area.
Greenwood Park Brochure/Trail Map