The following work is scheduled on the following Broome County roadways beginning Monday, July 31st. This is part of the record amount of work scheduled for 2023, in which more than 83 miles of Broome County roadways will be repaired.
- Milling on Bunn Hill Rd. (from Rt. 434 to second entrance of Binghamton University)
- Culvert pipe replaements on Loughlin Rd., Powers Rd., & Old Rt. 17
- Surface treatment on Tunnel Rd. (expect delays)
- Guiderail work on Powderhouse Rd.
- Blacktop repairs on Pierce Creek Rd.
- Cleaning ditches & rebuilding shoulders on Powderhouse Rd., N. Sanford Rd., Loughlin Rd., & Center Village Loop Rd.
- Mowing right of way on various County roads
Motorists are reminded to use caution in work zones, even when they are not active as some routes may be modified as construction progresses. Slowing down is always the most effective way to keep yourself and workers safe. You may also want to give yourself extra time during commutes to accommodate for any detours or changes in traffic patterns.